How could climate change affect our Great Lakes agriculture and forest industries? This webinar will provide information about:
- Existing trends influencing agriculture and forests in the Great Lakes region.
- Current understanding regarding the impact climate change may have on agricultural and forest industries in the region.
- Discussion about climate change policies and their potential impact on forest and agriculture in the region.
How could climate change affect the species and habitats around us in the Great Lakes region? This webinar will provide information about how:
- Climate change will alter forests and other ecosystems in the Great Lakes by changing the distributions of key species.
- Ecological interactions among organisms can be disrupted by climate change, such as between herbivores and the plants
- Insect outbreaks triggered by climate change may change the structure and function of forests in the Great Lakes and how this is already happening elsewhere
- Climate will alter the lifecycles and distributions of key agricultural pests in the Great Lakes
How could climate change affect the public health of our Great Lakes communities? This webinar will provide information about:
- Health issues and concerns the Great Lakes region could face as our climate changes
- Strategies and considerations of local health departments to evaluate, monitor and adapt to climate change, as well as available resources
- Questions and barriers policy makers face as they prepare their communities for climate change
Interested in learning more about climate change and how it may affect water resources in your community? This webinar will provide the latest information on:
- Climate science and water resources impacts in the Great Lakes region
- Strategies Great Lakes communities are taking to address climate change and water resources protection
You’ve heard the hype in the news, now get the facts! This webinar will provide the latest information on the:
- Science of climate change, and potential implications for Ohio’s future climate
- Status of federal climate change legislation in Congress
- Role of cap and trade policies
- Likely economic implications for Ohio consumers and businesses
- Actions landowners can take to reduce carbon emissions